Complete Contest Rules & Regulations:
The Godin ‘Play This Ad’ Contest is a Global wide contest. It is organized by Godin Guitars (Guitabec Inc.), whose head office is located in Baie D’Urfe, Quebec, Canada.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
- No Entry Fee & No Purchase Required to Participate.
-The qualifying period for the submission of entries is Tuesday October 1st, 2013 through Saturday March 15th, 2014 at 5PM (EST).
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Contest is open to entrants from anywhere that Godin Guitars are officially sold and shipped throughout the world.
- The contest is open to professional or amateur musicians.
- Original compositions only.
- Entrants' performance can be with or without a backing band, and/or other accompanying instruments (eg.: drums, bass, piano).
- Entrants are required to perform their original composition on an acoustic or electric guitar. They are permitted to use any type of guitar during their performance video. However, the use of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited and will result in the contestant’s disqualification.- The performance video must contain the chord progression from ONE of the three (3) Godin ‘Play This Ad’ advertisements. The entrant may arrange the chords in any order, but must utilize all the chords from the progression chosen - and JUST those chords!
- Entrants must create a new original video of a musical performance that was recorded specifically for this contest.
- Any elements featured in the entry, including, without limitation, music, songs, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, or other audiovisual materials must be entirely original, created and performed by the entrant, or be in the public domain. Use of any elements (as stated above) that are not original or in the public domain, will result in the disqualification of the entry.
- Video entries may not exceed 3 minutes in length. Any portion of the video that exceeds 3 minutes will not be judged.
- A judging panel of industry professionals will deliberate to determine the winner from the video entries received up to the closing date for submissions.
- Entrants will be evaluated according to the following judgement criteria:
-Composition & Melody
- Each of these categories will be given a score between 1 and 10 for a total score determined out of 40. The entrant with the top score will be named the winner. In the event of a tie, the judging panel will deliberate to break the tie. The panel’s decision will be final.
- The winner will be determined by April 15th, 2014 at 12pm (EST), from among all the eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by email. If the winner does not reply within 48 hours, or if the winner notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and offered to the Entrant who received the next highest score, based on the judging criteria. This process will be repeated until a winner has been confirmed. The winner’s name and winning video will be posted via Godin Guitars’ contest page on April 22nd, 2014.
-The winner will need to answer a skill-testing question prior to the prize being awarded, as follows: (2 × 6) + (10 × 3) =
-The grand prize will shipped from Godin Guitars in Richmond, Quebec Canada by Wednesday April 30th, 2014, unless otherwise requested by the winner.
- PRIZE PACK:
Montreal Premiere Sunburst ($1795.00)
Session Custom Black Burst SG MN ($895.00)
MultiUke Natural HG ($950.00)
5th Avenue P90 Cognac Burst ($895.00)
5th Avenue Composer GT Natural ($1395.00)
A6 Ultra Trans Red HG ($949.00)
Shifter 4 Cream MN ($1095.00)
INUK Encore AntiqueBurst SG ($1045.00)
XTSA KOA ($1435.00)
Belmont White Bigsby ($1090.00)
Icon Type 3 Burgundy ($1695.00)
Multiac Nylon SA HG ($1895.00)
TOTAL U.S. RETAIL VALUE = $15,134.00 USD
No prize substitutions. Prizes cannot be exchanged for their cash value or combined with any other offer.
- The winner is responsible for any additional local taxes/duties associated to their country of residence. If the winner resides in a country outside of Godin Guitars’ shipping channels, then the winner is responsible to collect his/her prize from Godin Guitars, Richmond, Quebec Canada.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entrants are required to upload their original guitar composition video to their YouTube channel, then enter the contest via the Godin Guitars’ Play This Ad Contest ‘ENTER NOW’ webpage at: www.godinguitars.com/playthisad_enter.htm
-The title of an entrant’s YouTube video must begin with: [Godin PLAY THIS AD Contest, AD #, and entrants name].
- A completed submission must be received no later than 5 PM EST on Saturday, March 15th, 2014.
- Only one video submission per entrant will be accepted.
- Godin Guitars is not responsible for any entries that are late, lost, damaged or delayed due to technical problems or malfunctions.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Employees of Godin Guitars as well as their parents, siblings, spouses, children, and persons domiciled with an employee of Godin Guitars are ineligible to enter. Additionally, employees of parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, as well as promotional and advertising agencies hired by Godin Guitars are ineligible to enter.
- By entering the “GODIN PLAY THIS AD CONTEST”, the Entrant agrees to grant Godin Guitars, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries and authorized representatives worldwide the right to capture and use their video entry, name, likeness, image or voice in photographic, audio, video, digital or other forms of media (the Media). The Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Media may be used without restriction by Godin Guitars, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries and authorized representatives worldwide for commercial promotional purposes and acknowledges that he/she shall receive no compensation of any kind for the use or non-use of the Media. The Entrant also acknowledges and hereby waives any right to inspect or approve the Media or the eventual use to which the Media may be applied.
- The Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to his/her entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights of the audio and video recording and the performance contained therein and as such grants Godin Guitars, it’s affiliates, partners, subsidiaries and authorized representatives worldwide a license
to use, duplicate and otherwise distribute the entry for the purposes of this contest as well as for promotional purposes before and after the contest for a period not to exceed one year from the closing date of the contest.
- Unauthorized use of Godin Guitars intellectual property, including logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages and representations, without express written permission, is strictly prohibited.
- Godin Guitars may, at its sole discretion, prevent any person believed to be abusive from entering the contest. Abuse can include but is not limited to: tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, acting in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations, or behaving in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Entries that contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Godin Guitars, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Godin Guitars reserves the right to disqualify, without notice to the entrant, any entrant who does not meet the criteria as stated herein.
- The Prize Pack must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Godin Guitars reserves the right to substitute a guitar from The Prize Pack in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of The Prize Pack is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Rules and Regulations are subject to change without notice. Godin Guitars reserves the right to modify or cancel this contest at any time without prior notice.